Saturday, December 27, 2008

2008: 4 days remaining


Wow, isn't it amazing? 2008 is almost gone. A year had gone by. And in less than 2 weeks' time, I'll not be in my twenties anymore.

For the benefit of those new to my blog, and for the benefit of those friends who still don't know what is happening to me soon in the next few months, I shall re-post my
Important Dates post, with new updates, of course. For those of you who had already read this (twice), you may skip everything and just read the 2nd update in RED :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Important Dates! (RE-POST - WITH NEW UPDATES) (2ND UPDATE)


This is going to be a really short post but one of the most important of all posts I had ever put up :)

Dec 7 ~ Singapore Marathon (I'm running the half marathon)

26 days seems like just around the corner!!! On the other hand, I just can't wait, because I'm fully trained to compete. Had been training for 6 months. We'll see huh? I'm aiming to complete the 21km in 2 hours and 10 minutes. That's about how long it takes for me to drive to Ipoh this Wednesday... madness!!! LOL (Done this, and I won't repeat what I had shared in my previous post HERE)

Dec 25 ~ Jesus' birthday I'm budgeting around RM777.77 this Christmas for gifts. Although I'd never in my life received gifts worth more than RM100 (every friends' gifts combined) in any Christmas ever, I am still inclined to give as much as I am comfortable in giving. I had always held on to the belief that it is more blessed to give than to receive :) Besides, I need to grow in my giving. Spent RM500++ last year. Maybe that's why I'm blessed with so many other things, like a superb wife-to-be, a great job, a house, a car, favour wherever I go, etc. Thank You Jesus! (Achieved my target, and I won't repeat what I had shared in my previous post HERE)

Jan 5 ~ My sister's birthday I had already given her the iPod that my baby blessed me with the last time she came over to my place last month, so no need to spend anymore :) I had never touched it ok, in case you all think that I'm giving my sister second-hand stuffs for her birthday. And why am I giving it away? Because I don't need it. Simple as that :) (No new updates)

Jan 7 ~ My baby's birthday Me :) (No new updates)

Jan 12 ~ My birthday Her :) (No new updates)

End Jan ~ TOEFL Exam About 3 months left to study! YIKES! (I couldn't register for the end Jan dates because they are full! But I managed to register successfully for Feb 28, starting 9:00am, ending 1:30pm. Time to seriously hit the books! About 2 months or so of serious studying... or else I would waste the RM150 I paid! And not sufficient time to study for the GMAT, which is much tougher...)

Feb 11 ~ My baby's BACK! Wooooooohooooooo! Can't wait! Dreamt about her coming back last night :) (Will need to bring her to do her visa to China by this day, first thing when she is back, and then collect the visa in the afternoon. In between, need to see the Pastor's wife for counselling, and also see Sarah's mom, our official florist. Of course, if not possible, then will need to do these two latter events the next day or the day after that, no matter what.)

Feb 12 ~ Marriage signing ceremony at 10:00am, as per my previous update below (Feb 14) in GREEN.

Feb 14 ~ Marriage registration (Legally married) I had managed to book this date with Klang's Hokkien Association last week... phew... and got to know that traditionally, because hundreds of couples are getting registered on this day, they don't conduct the signing ceremony on the day itself. So I had to go with her, her witness, and my witness on Feb 12 to do the marriage signing ceremony and then on Feb 14, go collect the marriage certificate, which will be dated Feb 14, and of course, take some photos! Since it is a very special date, the cost was RM160, RM100 more expensive than other "ordinary" dates. But what is RM100 when it comes to commemorating an extremely special and important date? (Are we supposed to wear special clothings for this day? Like full suit and all? But this is not the actual wedding yet wor... But then again, T-shirt and jeans is a bit funny... Any idea?)

Feb 14-21 Wedding photo-shooting in Guangzhou, China Dang, not only we need to prepare for this trip but we need to prepare to look good too... from top to bottom. No kidding. This will be my first trip to Guangzhou, my second to China. (Will need to go make my visa and her mom's visa this coming Tuesday. Yes, her mom is tagging along. And dang, I am running out of time to look good. Probably I'll put up posts on this... bleargh...)

Mar 7 ~ Our 24th Anniversary of being together :) We are celebrating this earlier, in Guangzhou :) (For confused readers, we celebrate our anniversary every month... makes sense now?)

May 1 ~ My brother's birthday His 24th. Hmmm... haven't thought of what to get him... When is the next Mega Sales? (Sales is happening now, but maybe there's another one nearer to his birthday? I'm spending quite a lot already this month, and I had yet to service my car, and there's the RM1200 insurance premium next month. Maybe I should just ask him what he wants...)

May 23 ~ My dad's birthday His 63rd. I had already bought him something a few months ago :) (Please remind me to bring it back this coming Chinese New Year!)

July 21 ~ Wedding dinner in Kuching, Sarawak (my hometown) Booked the restaurant already, now compiling the list of guests to invite. (Ok, ok, I know I need to get down to the details... will start doing that in the next few days... I hope... ooppss...)

July 25 ~ Church wedding, Lunch reception, Exclusive dinner (Officially married) Booked the church hall, florist (Auntie Lydia), pastor... now need to book the caterer for lunch, and do up the list of guests. Already booked the restaurant below my office as standby for the dinner. Not yet finalise the dinner venue with my future father-in-law as he is currently in Beijing. (Ditto!)

End July ~ GMAT Exam About 8 months left to study something totally unrelated to my field of expertise... *gulp* (And I haven't bought the books yet! YIPES! Hello? Wake up!)

Aug ~ Goodbye Malaysia! Happy? Sad? Hmmm... probably both :I (Ok, for those of you who STILL don't know, STILL don't get the hints I dropped here and there all over my blog, STILL never hear the gossips about me, STILL know nuts about me - get this... I'm leaving Malaysia to the United States of America, mainly to gain overseas working experience and also to do my MBA and of course, to be with my lovely beloved wife, who is already there since July this year. Many people will think that I must be out of my mind, going to a country going through the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, and soaring unemployment rates, etc. But I believe things will change. America will recover. And how long will I be there? I don't know. At least 10 years? Maybe forever? I really can't decide now. We'll see how God leads. Yes, I know, Pastor's been preaching up and down about this is God's time for Asia, and all that, so we'll see... no matter what, I'm going. I need NEW challenges... And by the way, if you are my colleague reading this, like "some" people I know who secretly read my blog without leaving comments, heh heh heh... please keep this to yourself, ok? Thanks!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Good Morning John!
I love it that you are so organized!~These lists of yours motivate me to make my own lists of upcoming events, projects,ect. in my own life.
You've a busy schedule ahead, my friend!
Thank you for opening my eyes to new possibilities. It's good to see things through someone else's eyes to make you take a different look at things in your own life.

Sunday, December 28, 2008 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have much to look forward to, John! I hope it all works out and that you love every minute of it!

Small footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Sunday, December 28, 2008 7:12:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks Donna :) We all have our unique strengths. We help inspire one another through our strengths. Just like your creativity and drawing and inventing skills... I'm truly impressed and proud that I have such a friend like you who makes such nice and beautiful things.

Thanks Small Footprints! Yes, a LOT of things to go through in the coming year! Phew... :)

Monday, December 29, 2008 4:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home